Saturday 19 March 2011

My Older Brother Derides Me Because I Follow My Religion

My Older Brother Derides Me Because I Follow My Religion

I have an older brother who puts me down a great deal by saying that I am a hypocrite and that I am a hypocrite and that I listen to music to music when I am left alone in my room. He says that as time goes on, I will stop practising this Religion and that I will succumb to temptation. I have tried to give him sincere advice for long time now, but he seems not to like those who give sincere advice. What should I do with him? Please advise me, May Allah reward you well.

You must not lose hope, feeling that he cannot improve, for there are many people whom Allah (subhanahu wa-ta'ala) guided only after a period wherein they were upon misguidance. Continue to advice him frequently, and even give him some beneficial books and tapes as gift, so that perhaps Allah will guide through you. It is authentically established from the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) that he (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to Ali Ibn Abi Talib (radiallahu anhu):

“For Allah to guide one man through you is better for you than for you to have red camels (one of the most precious kind of wealth at that time).”

And Luqman said to his son, order to what is good and be patient when harm befalls you you:

"O my son! Aqim­is­Salât (perform As­Salât), enjoin (people) for Al­Ma'rûf (Islâmic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al­Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allâh, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befall you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allâh with no exemption. (Qur’an Luqman 31:17)

Take from the book “The Islamic Awakening” By Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Salih Al-Uthaymin

No comments:

Post a Comment